Temple De Hirsch Sinai is seeking a Development Manager to join our growing team. The Development Manager would be primarily responsible for overseeing the development efforts at Temple. This person would have a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and enjoy connecting and building relationships with others. If you are looking for a meaningful and fulfilling opportunity, Temple De Hirsch Sinai is the place for you!
- Oversee the implement development functions, including appeals, grant writing, communications and content generation for correspondence, reports, and other communications.
- Development event support at fundraisers and stewardship events.
- Coordinate development events and fundraisers with key stakeholders.
- Supervise Database Analyst and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Act as liaison between development and social justice committees and temple staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five plus years experience working in a decision-making role in a non-profit or for-profit organization.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills; demonstrates ability to use Office Suite.
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills, including significant writing experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Young Family Engagement Coordinator
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is looking for a Young Family Engagement Coordinator to join our growing team! The Young Family Engagement Coordinator would be primarily responsible for developing relationships and educating young families on Jewish family traditions. The ideal person would be passionate about Jewish life, interested in the family life cycle and posses a radiant attitude. If your looking for a role where you can educate and impact young lives, this is the opportunity for you!
- Develop and execute educational programs, working with the Education Directors and other staff to reflect the organizations educational vision.
- Create and coordinate opportunities for young children and families to learn and socialize.
- Build relationships with families and maintain engagement in programs by continuous communication.
- Work with preschool-age families to help create, collaborate and coordinate programs that extend beyond our schools’ current offerings.
- Developing and maintaining a database of families and prospective families around the Seattle metropolitan area.
- Extremely organized and adept at database management.
- Experience with creating and coordinating educational programs and social gatherings.
- Warm and engaging.
- Strong Judaic knowledge base.
- High school diploma required.
- AA or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1-2 years experience creating and teaching children and families.
- 2-3 years customer service experience
Who We Are?
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is a two campus, 1600+ family reformed Jewish synagogue, represented by 3 influential Rabbinic leaders in the reformed movement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $21.00 /hour
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator to join our collaborative team! The Facilities Coordinator role will provide a variety of facility support functions and duties including but not limited to; room, meeting and event setup, minor maintenance repairs and maintaining building organization and cleanliness. The Facilities Coordinator will work with a variety of vendors and stakeholders to ensure both campuses are well stocked, safe, clean and organized. The Facilities Coordinator will oversee Event Staff for setup and day of events.
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service.
- Conducts the physical movement of furniture, equipment, boxes and materials as needed for meeting, event and classroom setup.
- Assists with minor facilities needs including hanging up pictures and white boards, painting, restocking restrooms and common paper goods.
- Oversee events ensuring setup is correct, accommodating last minute requests and providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintain building cleanliness and organization.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean work environment by regularly monitoring grounds for safety hazards and trash.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; constant lifting up to 75lbs, 200lbs team lift; frequent kneeling, pushing, lifting.
- Regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
- High-school diploma required.
- At least 1 year of experience within customer service.
- Weekend availability.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining your cool during high stress situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is seeking part-time Event/Facilities Staff to join our collaborative team. We are looking for individuals who are customer service oriented, have excellent attention to detail and have a great attitude. We are a non-profit religious organization with locations in Capital Hill and Bellevue. If you’re looking for a job where you can take part in a great organization and make a difference in your community, Temple De Hirsch Sinai is the place for you!
- Assist congregates, visitors, and staff with miscellaneous requests for events or daily activities.
- Organize facilities spaces and supplies for easy access.
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests while working in common areas and during events.
- Model and maintain a personal touch and high-quality level of customer service.
- Engage internal and external customers in a friendly manner, share information, assist in locating resources, and seek opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer-service, high-standards and an eye for fine detail.
- Ability to navigate MSFT Office Suite, including Outlook, with an emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Must be fluent in English.
- A people-friendly, team-oriented, high energy and cheerful disposition.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
- The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; constant lifting up to 75lbs, 200lbs team lift; frequent kneeling, pushing, lifting
- Regularly required to walk, talk, and hear
- Scheduling flexibility and/or overtime required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Early Childhood Teachers
We are looking for passionate, creative and enthusiastic Early Childhood Teachers to join our growing team at Jennifer Rosen Meade Preschool! If you like creating and developing creative curriculum and working with kids, then come checkout our fast growing program at Jennifer Rosen Meade Preschool in Bellevue. Part-time and Full-time positions available!
Why Work For Us:
– Be part of a growing, collaborative team
– Impact children at their most crucial learning ages
– Ability to create and develop curriculum
– Have fun everyday!
- Responsible for maintaining control of and accounting for the whereabouts and safety of the children in care and ensuring children depart with authorized person.
- Interacts with children using approved child guidance and development techniques in a positive nurturing environment while sustaining children’s interest and promoting positive interactions with other children and adults.
- Prepares, arranges and maintains program environment areas and materials based on observed needs of individual children ranging in age from 4 weeks to 5 years using Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Have fun!
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Great personality
- Loves working with kids
- BA or CDA
- 1-2 years experience teaching or creating curriculum for 4 months-5 years
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour